Want to receive email about upcoming events at the North Fourth Art Center? Join the VSA arts of New Mexico Mailing List!
Visual and Performing Arts Program
Program hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This program provides guided instruction and support for individuals with disabilities who seek to increase their artistic skills to achieve personal or professional goals. Artist teachers with expertise in their mediums offer structured classes such as painting, printmaking, clay, fabric art, dance, theatre, filmmaking and literary arts. Program objectives include:
- recognizing, acknowledging and celebrating creativity;
- producing works of art that explore creative potential and encourage freedom of expression;
- providing services that support the inclusion and contributions of individuals with disabilities in community cultural life;
- nurturing the creative aspiration and enhancing the daily living skills of individuals with disabilities;
- supplying opportunities for individuals with disabilities to present, exhibit, and promote creative endeavors in the visual, performing, literary and media arts;
- and providing opportunities for individuals with disabilities to earn income through the arts and arts-related work.
If you would like to know more information on how to attend this program please visit the admissions page.